My Media Consumption
Media:
-Netflix- I watched Peaky Blinders. This was on TV but it was being played on my Xbox.
-Facebook- I watched Russel Brand video. I watched this on my phone. 20 years ago there were only nokia phones which you could not log on to the internet from. You could only call or text people.
-Youtube- I watched highlights of the McGregor fight. I watched this on my phone
- Spotify- I listened to 7am by Lil Uzi Vert. I had earphones in and listened to it on my phone.
- Xbox- I played Black Ops 2 zombies on my xbox. This was connected to the TV. Online gaming would not have been possible 20 years ago.
- TV- I watched the Liverpool vs Man City on BT.
Advantages of current day society:
-Cheaper. For example, instead of buying a new album (£10-£15). Spotify allows you to play any music you want for £10 a month.
-Quicker. These days you do not need to go to the shop to buy music such as an album. There are now apps that you can download music on. This only takes a few seconds.
-Wider range. Barriers to engagement have become much lower. These days it takes only a few seconds to make any sort of video using your phone. 50 years ago it would have costed a lot of money to record a video.
-Easier. These days you are able to watch a whole series on Netflix without leaving your sofa yet alone house. Around 15 years ago you would have to go to a shop and buy a series.
-Netflix- I watched Peaky Blinders. This was on TV but it was being played on my Xbox.
-Facebook- I watched Russel Brand video. I watched this on my phone. 20 years ago there were only nokia phones which you could not log on to the internet from. You could only call or text people.
-Youtube- I watched highlights of the McGregor fight. I watched this on my phone
- Spotify- I listened to 7am by Lil Uzi Vert. I had earphones in and listened to it on my phone.
- Xbox- I played Black Ops 2 zombies on my xbox. This was connected to the TV. Online gaming would not have been possible 20 years ago.
- TV- I watched the Liverpool vs Man City on BT.
Advantages of current day society:
-Cheaper. For example, instead of buying a new album (£10-£15). Spotify allows you to play any music you want for £10 a month.
-Quicker. These days you do not need to go to the shop to buy music such as an album. There are now apps that you can download music on. This only takes a few seconds.
-Wider range. Barriers to engagement have become much lower. These days it takes only a few seconds to make any sort of video using your phone. 50 years ago it would have costed a lot of money to record a video.
-Easier. These days you are able to watch a whole series on Netflix without leaving your sofa yet alone house. Around 15 years ago you would have to go to a shop and buy a series.
Teo
ReplyDeleteYour consumption log is fine, clearly describing you activities as requested.
However, for the points below please explain, using an example, how each of the points made applies to digital media. Complete this asap.
Please leave a comment below as a reflection on feedback and explaining any changes you have made.
Mr P
I have done this task by adding examples to my bullet points.
Delete